Network Modernization Summit 2021
Network Modernization Policy and Practice
According to Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, “China has invested heavily in new technologies, with a stated intent to complete the modernization of its forces by 2035 and to field a ‘world-class military’ by 2049.” During this panel, we’ll hear from Defense policy leaders to answer questions such as:
- What should the United States’ strategy be for defense spending? Is spending more the only way to keep pace with China?
- What should be the timeline for U.S. action? Are we playing a long game with our strategy?
- How can we better collaborate with our allies and partners to bring light to China’s malicious cyber activities and practices?
- What must change in the acquisition process in order to keep pace with technological innovation?
- What role should climate change play in the National Defense strategy?
- And more…
Rep. Adam Smith, Chairman, House Armed Services Committee
Michèle Flournoy, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Co-Founder, WestExec Advisors, Center for a New American Security
Michael Spirtas, Associate Director, Senior Political Scientist, International Security and Defense Policy Center, RAND Corporation
Patrick Tucker, Technology Editor, Defense One